Our Organic Evening Primrose Oil is a light yellow colour and is rich in nature. It has a high level of beneficial fatty acids and is great for dry, mature and problem skin.
Organic Evening Primrose Oil is made by Cold-pressing the seeds of Evening Primrose (oenothera biennis). This is a common plant with yellow flowers which only open in the evening, hence the name! Our primrose oil for skin is 100% pure with no artificial fragrance or additives. Cold-pressing the oil ensures all the beneficial properties are retained.
What are the key benefits of Organic Evening Primrose Oil for skin?
- It is very rich in gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and Omega 6 fatty acids. These help your body to maintain healthy skin and nails and produce prostaglandins. A deficiency of these will cause dryness, wrinkles and aging whilst making your skin more prone to damage. Essential fatty acids help combat these issues and nourish your skin to leave it feeling soft and supple. You can find our more about fatty acids and their benefits in our handy glossary page.
- Organic Evening Primrose oil is a wonderful moisturiser. The rich texture softens your skin and helps with moisture retention. This also makes it especially beneficial for dry skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Primrose oil penetrates well, helping to soften skin and promote suppleness. Evening Primrose oil is great for general skin health by supplying skin with nutrients and healthy fats. These can help your skin appear more youthful and prevent wrinkles.
- Organic Evening Primrose Oil also has good anti-inflammatory properties. This helps reduce redness, swelling and itching. Whilst assisting dry skin conditions this can also benefit acne. Evening Primrose is known for reducing hormone imbalances and applying a few drops to facial skin can help reduce and heal spots and pimples.
We love the numerous evening primrose oil benefits for skin and hair. In fact, we adore it so much, we also put it in our skincare creams and serums too!
- It is ideal as a facial oil, forming an effective barrier against skin drying out. It can also be used under your eyes to help with dark circles and puffiness.
- This pure primrose oil contains nutrients that will help nourish your scalp and strengthen hair. When used regularly evening primrose oil for hair has also shown to help with hair loss.
Our evening primrose oil for skin is available in 100ml eco friendly EPA lined aluminium bottles with biodegradable labels. You can also purchase our evening primrose oil without a pump, making it a great plastic free option!
A 250ml refill now available (made from 100% recycled plastic & fully recyclable) offering a great saving and eco friendly option for future topping up.
All Conscious Skincare products are certified by the Vegetarian Society & PETA, and we are delighted our vegan evening primrose oil is therefore cruelty free!