Our Organic Evening Primrose Oil is a rich yellow colour and is light in nature. It absorbs well into your skin and is great for mature skin.
Evening Primrose (oenothera biennis) is a common plant with yellow flowers which only open in the evening, hence the name. Cold-pressing the seeds produces Organic Evening Primrose Oil and ensures the maximum nutrients are retained.
What are the key benefits of Organic Evening Primrose Oil?
- It is very rich in gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and Omega 6 fatty acids. These help your body to maintain healthy skin and nails and produce prostaglandins. A deficiency of these will cause dryness, wrinkles and aging whilst making your skin more prone to damage. Essential fatty acids help combat these issues and nourish your skin to leave it feeling soft and supple.
- Organic Evening Primrose oil is a wonderful moisturiser. The rich texture softens your skin and helps with moisture retention. This also makes it especially beneficial for dry skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- It penetrates well, helping to soften skin and promote suppleness. Evening Primrose oil is great for general skin health by supplying skin with nutrients and healthy fats. These can help your skin appear more youthful and prevent wrinkles.
- Organic Evening Primrose Oil also has good anti-inflammatory properties. This helps reduce redness, swelling and itching. Whilst assisting dry skin conditions this can also benefit acne. Evening Primrose is known for reducing hormone imbalances and applying a few drops to facial skin can help reduce and heal spots and pimples.
We adore the skin loving benefits of this cold pressed, organic evening primrose oil. In fact, we love it so much, we put it in our creams and serums too.
- It is ideal as a facial oil, forming an effective barrier against skin drying out. It can also be used under your eyes to help with dark circles and puffiness.
- This pure primrose oil contains nutrients that will help nourish your scalp and strengthen hair. When used regularly evening primrose oil has also shown to benefit hair loss.
Available in 100ml eco friendly EPA lined aluminium bottles with biodegradable labels. You can also purchase our evening primrose oil without a pump, making it a great plastic free option!
All Conscious Skincare products are certified by the Vegetarian Society, PETA, and have the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo.